Waller County, Texas Facts
Waller County Quick Facts:
- Government Website: www.co.waller.tx.us/
- Created Date / Origin: April 28, 1873 from Austin County and Grimes County
- County Seat: Hempstead
- Named After: Edwin Waller (1800–1881), a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and the first mayor of Austin, Texas
- Bordering Counties: Grimes County (north), Montgomery County (northeast), Harris County (east), Fort Bend County (south), Austin County (west), Washington County (northwest)
- Incorporated Cities & Towns: Brookshire, Hempstead, Katy, Pattison, Pine Island, Prairie View, Waller
Waller County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Waller County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
Waller County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers typically overlook the great importance of Waller County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Texas courthouses and archives everywhere are the aspirations and worries of many Texas citizens.
The chances are excellent that your particular forefathers have left a detailed record of at least a number of elements of their lives in the Waller County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods that could have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
I highly recommend you get in touch with the clerk's office to validate hours, mailing address, fees and other facts prior to visiting or asking for information because of sometimes changing contact info. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The data files are accessible to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A good number of workers will aid persons in obtaining the resources, however it's up to the man or women to do the research.
The following facts denotes exactly what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records will be in Waller County. The dates pointed out listed below tend to be the first recognized records with this county.
- Waller County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 836 Austin St., Rm. 217, Hempstead 77445
- Waller County Clerk is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Phone: (979) 826-7643
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1873
- Land Records: 1824
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- Waller County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
- Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Waller County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources relating to Waller County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Waller County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Waller Co. TX Books, Newspapers & Publications
Waller Co. TX Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- See Also Statewide Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Records in Texas
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records (archives.com)
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Birth Certificates, 1903-10 and 1926-29 (fold3.com) Official birth certificates from the Texas State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, for the years 1903-10 and 1926-29. Browse by county, then year, then surname, beginning with the first letters of the last name of the person you seek.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Death Certificates, 1890-1976 (fold3.com) Official birth certificates from the Texas State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, for the years 1903-10 and 1926-29. These records are searchable by first and last name of the deceased, year, county, and city.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com) Search over 82 million death records and get genealogical information crucial to your family research.
Waller Co. TX Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Waller Co. TX Census Records
Waller Co. TX Cemeteries & Graveyards
Waller Co. TX Church & Bible Records
Waller Co. TX Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Waller Co. TX General and History Websites
Waller Co. TX Immigration & Naturalization
Waller Co. TX Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Waller Co. TX Military Records
- Texas Military Records (fold3.com) offers access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Texas both women and men who served. Suitable for Waller County genealogists, researchers, historians and more.
Waller Co. TX Schools & Directories