Trimble County, Kentucky Facts
Trimble County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Trimble Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Trimble County was established on February 9, 1837 from Henry County, Oldham County and Gallatin County. Currently the county was named in honor of Robert Trimble, Associate Supreme Court Justice (1826–1828) .
Currently the Trimble County Seat is situated in Bedford additionally, the county government website is www.trimblecounty.ky.gov
Locations adjacent to Trimble County happen to be Jefferson County, Indiana (north), Carroll County (east), Henry County (southeast), Oldham County (southwest), Clark County, Indiana (west).
Cities and towns to be found in Trimble County comprise of Bedford, Locust, Milton, Wise's Landing.
Trimble County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Trimble Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Trimble Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trimble Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trimble Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Trimble County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Trimble County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Trimble County Historical Society, 5700 Montfort Lane, Crestwood KY 40014
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Trimble County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Trimble County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Trimble County
- Trimble County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Trimble County
- KYTRIMBL. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in Trimble County, Kentucky. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- KENTUCKIANA. A mailing list for genealogy research and information exchange in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Dubois, Floyd, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Scott, Spencer, Warrick and Washington, and the Kentucky counties of Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble. This is a highly research structured list, chatroom atmosphere is discouraged. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode)
Trimble County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Trimble County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Trimble County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Trimble county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for each county. Some records were lost in a courthouse fire in 1952.
- Trimbled County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: P.O. Box 262, Bedford, KY, 40006
- Phone: (502) 255-7045
- Marriage Records: 1837
- Land Records: 1837
- Probate Records: 1837
- Trimble County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Trimble County Courthouse, 30 Highway 42 E, P.O. Box 248, Bedford, KY 40006-0248
- Phone: (502) 255-3213
- Court Records: 1837
- Trimble County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Trimble County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Trimble County Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Trimble County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Trimble County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Trimble Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Trimble Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Trimble Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Trimble Co. KY Census Records
Trimble Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Trimble Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Trimble Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Trimble Co. KY General and History Websites
Trimble Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Trimble Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Trimble Co. KY Military Records
- Kentucky Military Records (Fold3.com) delivers access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Pennsylvania individuals who served. Perfect for Trimble County genealogists, researchers, historians and a lot more.