Robertson County, Kentucky Facts
Robertson County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Robertson Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Robertson County was established on August 1, 1867 from Bracken County, Nicholas County, Harrison County and Mason County. Currently the county was named in honor of George Robertson, chief justice of the Kentucky court of appeals (1828–1843) .
Currently the Robertson County Seat is situated in Mount Olivet additionally, the county government website is www.robertsoncounty.ky.gov
Locations adjacent to Robertson County happen to be Bracken County (north), Mason County (northeast), Fleming County (southeast), Nicholas County (south), Harrison County (west).
Cities and towns to be found in Robertson County comprise of Kentontown, Mount Olivet, Piqua.
Robertson County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Robertson Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Robertson Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Robertson Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Robertson Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Robertson County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Robertson County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
Robertson County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Robertson County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Robertson County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Robertson County. The dates stated below tend to be the first widely known records in this county.
- Robertson County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: Main St., Mt. Olivet, KY, 41064
- Phone: (606) 724-5212
- Marriage Records: 1867
- Land Records: 1868
- Probate Records: 1864
- Robertson County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Robertson County Judicial Center, 127 E. Walnut St., P.O. Box 63, Mt. Olivet, KY 41064-0063
- Phone: (606) 724-5993
- Court Records: 1867
- Robertson County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Robertson County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Robertson County Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Robertson County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Robertson County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Robertson Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Robertson Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Robertson Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Robertson Co. KY Census Records
Robertson Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Robertson Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Robertson Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Robertson Co. KY General and History Websites
Robertson Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Robertson Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Robertson Co. KY Military Records
- Kentucky Military Records (Fold3.com) delivers access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Pennsylvania individuals who served. Perfect for Robertson County genealogists, researchers, historians and a lot more.