Boyle County, Kentucky Facts
Boyle County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Boyle Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Boyle County was established on February 15, 1842 from Lincoln County and Mercer County. Currently the county was named in honor of John Boyle, Chief Justice of the Kentucky Court of Appeals (1810–1826) .
Currently the Boyle County Seat is situated in Danville additionally, the county government website is www.boyleky.com
Locations adjacent to Boyle County happen to be Mercer County (north), Garrard County (east), Lincoln County (southeast), Casey County (south), Marion County (southwest), Washington County (northwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Boyle County comprise of Danville, Junction City, Perryville, Parksville .
Boyle County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Boyle Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Boyle Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Boyle County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Boyle County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Boyle County Genealogical Association , P.O. Box 125, Parksville, KY 40464-0125
- Boyle County Public Library, Broadway &North Third Street, Danville; Phone: 859-236-8466
- KYBOYLE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Boyle County, Kentucky. Interested individuals may want to check out the Boyle County KYGenWeb page. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Boyle County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Boyle County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Boyle County
- Boyle County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Boyle County
Boyle County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Boyle County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Boyle County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please call the clerk's department to confirm hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Boyle county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for each county. Some records were lost in a courthouse fire in 1860.
- Boyled County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: 321 West Main Street, Danville, KY, 40422
- Phone: (859) 238-1110
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1842
- Probate Records: 1842
- Boyle County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Boyle County Courthouse, 321 W. Main St., Danville, KY 40422
- Phone: (859) 239-7442
- Court Records: 1800
- Boyle County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Boyle County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Boyle County Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Boyle County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is just a list that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite genealogy or family history related sites.
Boyle Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Boyle Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Boyle Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Boyle Co. KY Census Records
Boyle Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Boyle Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Boyle Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Boyle Co. KY General and History Websites
Boyle Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Boyle Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Boyle Co. KY Military Records
- Kentucky Military Records (Fold3.com) delivers access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Pennsylvania individuals who served. Perfect for Boyle County genealogists, researchers, historians and a lot more.