Boone County, Kentucky Facts
Boone County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Boone Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Boone County was established on December 13, 1798 from Campbell County (having been created by the Kentucky Legislature in 1798). Currently the county was named in honor of Daniel Boone (1734–1820), frontiersman.
Currently the Boone County Seat is situated in Burlington additionally, the county government website is www.boonecountyky.org
Locations adjacent to Boone County happen to be Hamilton County, Ohio (north), Kenton County (east), Grant County (south), Gallatin County (southwest), Switzerland County, Indiana (west), Ohio County, Indiana (west), Dearborn County, Indiana (northwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Boone County comprise of Burlington, Florence, Hebron, Petersburg, Union, Walton, Richwood, Verona, Big Bone, Kentucky, Rabbit Hash.
Boone County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Boone Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Boone Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boone Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boone Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Boone County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Boone County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Boone County Historical Society, PO Box 23, Florence, KY 41022-0023
- Northern Kentucky Historical Society, Box 151, Fort Thomas, Kentucky 41075
- Public Library - Historical Research , Scheben Branch, 8899 HWY 42, Union, KY, 41091; (859)384-5550
- KYBOONE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Boone County, Kentucky. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Boone County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Boone County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Boone County
- Boone County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Boone County
Boone County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Boone County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Boone County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Boone county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for each county. Some records may have been destroyed in the late 1880s due to a fire.
- Booned County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: 2950 E. Washington St., Burlington, KY, 41005
- Phone: (859) 334-2130
- Marriage Records: 1799
- Land Records: 1799
- Probate Records: 1800
- Boone County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Boone County Justice Center, 6025 Rogers Lane, Burlington, KY 41005
- Phone: (859) 334-2286
- Court Records: 1799
- Boone County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Boone County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Boone County Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Boone County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Boone County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Boone Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Boone Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Boone Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Boone Co. KY Census Records
Boone Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Boone Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Boone Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Boone Co. KY General and History Websites
Boone Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Boone Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Boone Co. KY Military Records
- Kentucky Military Records (Fold3.com) delivers access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Pennsylvania individuals who served. Perfect for Boone County genealogists, researchers, historians and a lot more.